Tuesday, February 9, 2021

February 9, 2021

At the KD, after almost 6 months missing Umar's appointments.

 "Wahhh... ke sana ke sini puan ye mengisahkan appointment anak ye?"

Come to think about it, yes. 

My calendar is filled with Umar's follow-up with the paeds, OT treatments and speech classes...

Alhamdulillah, his focus retention is better. More eye contact with us. A lot of role-playing developed. But even though he has not yet speaking properly, he's very good with his body language. Or it is us who are alhamdulillah able to understand his body and facial expressions which allow us to engage with him better. 

But I still think there's a lot more than I can do. That can be done. 

I know I cannot compare myself with other supermom out there. But it always hurt when I know that I can be and do better.

"But I need rest. I am tired. I need time to myself."

Said the lazy, incompetent, selfish, stupid mother to herself. 




No comments: